Thursday, March 08, 2007

Quick!!! Do Something!!!
Is it really that bad having to wait for payday? I mean, I am in school and all. Is it that bad being single? Is it really that bad ______ (you fill in the blank)? We humans panic too much. In every unexpected turn of events in life we panic, struggling trying to reorient ourselves as if we actually knew where we were going in the first place. At a time in my life where things seem like they're "standing still", I'm trying to embrace the feeling of peace...sitting still...relaxing. I've been doing a bit of spritual reading lately, and it's really putting things into perspective for me (Thanks bestest bud). I want to try something new; by this I mean working on this relationship with God. Doing things "my way" has only gotten me so far in life; and if you feel like me then you know it HAS to be a different way to go through life than being hardheaded and taking matters into your own hands. Right now life feels dull, boring, and repetitive. Perfect time for some intrinsic rehabilitation. Therefore, if I have to be bored, broke, tired, or single, instead of trying to fight my way out I'll just have to find content if I ever want to witness the feast that God has been setting for me; and please believe that a brutha's stomach is growlin'. He knows better than me. If I try to escape this realm of dissatisfaction by being ruthless and hardheaded (as usual), I'm bound to find another similar one. I'm good. I think I'll just take my chances and sit still. In the mean time, I need to work on some things, like my attitude, faith, and (oooooh) this bad mouth of mine.

No comments: