Monday, May 15, 2006

On a mission
After going to a few graduations in Columbia this weekend, I got to see upclose, the reactions of built up aniticipation from four, five, six, and even ten (yeah Gator!!) years of college coursework. The reactions varied from clowning while walking across the stage, getting pissy drunk directly following commencement, hugging crying parents, etc. It made me wonder how I'll be exactly one year from now. Alls I gotta say is, "This year is mine". I'm proud of Jarnell. I always knew me and my boys would make it. And while me, TaRael, and KB joke about never graduating, we know we will; and will all be successful men thereafter. However, outside of schooling we have our own personal lives that need just as much enrichment as our brains. I know I have mine. So this year I'm definitely going to concentrate on personal growth; because just as in school when you get senioritis, you settle for less than what you have mental potential for. In life, if you're on the path to irreversible maturity, it's easy to lose sight of the point of the ascent and dwell in a state of carelessness and selfishness.

2 comments:

Girly Tomboy said...

Musta been better than UMSL's graduation ceremony (on Saturday). Ridiculous.

Harold Bell said...

In due time, playboy!!! It was good seeing you there!