Thursday, June 15, 2006

Superlatives: Most Embarrassing Moment. "Wanna Get Away?"

In the midst of UMSL's boring campus, over the past few years, their renovations have a few spotlights. The Millenium Center, The Pilot House, and the infamous Fireside Lounge. It was my freshman year 2001. I had just taken an exam in Chemistry and had an Honors Literature exam a few hours later. I decided to get a bite to eat and sit in the Fireside Lounge. I mean this lounge is off the chain! All leather loveseats and chairs, sound proof doors, large windows, double sided fireplace...perfect place of refuge for tired students. As I sat and ate my lunch, I realized that I missed the shuttle, and the next was not due to arrive for another 25 minutes. As a result, I decided to take a little nap, and it was nyce. Here's where the story takes an interesting turn: see I can't remember what I had to eat for lunch. Obviously, it was something I shouldn't have eaten because I awoke to the sound of myself letting out a disgustingly loud fart. It lasted like 4 seconds it was so trifflin'. I didn't try to. It just happened; lol. Wouldn't you know it? When I opened my eyes, every seat in that lounge was filled with students--nobody I recognized (thank God), but that's besides the point. I sat there for a few moments acting as if I was reading my book the entire time. I figured they'd think if I appeared awake the entire time, nobody in their right mind would just let one rip like that. Doubt it worked, because I had people next to me and directly across from me. So with that, I left half lmao and half blushing with embarrassment as everyone else peered at me through the corners of their eyes. :-(

1 comment:

DSTNCTION said...

That is soooo freakin gross...