Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Superlatives: Most Lonely Moments. ":-("
I cannot pinpoint one precise memory of being lonely, but I had some lonely times in general. The exception is my family. My family has always been my "Cheers". Everybody knew my name (duh) and was always glad I was around. I always felt loved, thought of, and appreciated. However, with my peers, this was not the case. Elementary school was the worst! Kids are so mean...bastards! Growing up, I had an extreme case of strabismis aka "lazy eye". The thought of it brings about a depressing connotation. That's why I never mention it. From birth to age thirteen, I had six surgeries--ugh; terrible, just terrible. I still have the scars on my eyeballs. What's almost worse is the tough position that put my parents in, because growing up, I knew something was wrong because I had all those surgeries. I just didn't know what. So I know my parents dreaded the day that I would come home from the first day at school asking them, "Mom? Dad? What does cross-eyed and cock-eyed mean?" Like I say, kids are mean. I got teased, and I mean teased HARD all through elementary. Not only that, I was a really bright kid aka nerd to everyone else. Needless to say, being smart was no cooler back in the day than it is in the present. Most people wouldn't think I used to be in that position, but yep. Somebody even told me today, they bet I was a preppy, stuck up kid. Quite the contrary. Between my eyes, my smarts, and the way I dressed (I wore Buddies--Buddies being no-name brand clothes), I was in somewhat of an isolation during the ages five to twelve, but luckily I was blessed with a wonderful family that served as my place of refuge and gave me a definition. Here's a quick narrative that shows how ignorant some people were: there was this girl who I had a huge crush on in elementary. My mom had grown these beautiful, huge red roses. Do you know I cut one of them badboys and brought it to this chick?! "I'm probably gone get in trouble for this, but I wanted you to have this _____". This broad responded with, "I don't want that!" She left me cold in my tracks in the hallway in front of everybody. Ignorant! Naw, better yet, that's just ignint.

No comments: