Monday, June 12, 2006

The Idle Mind
Sometimes I have to remind myself why I'm single. And nah, I'm not on that whole emotional-void-type-thing, so instead of settling for a relationship itself, it would still be pretty nice to relate to a woman period these days. Right now I'm single because I refuse to put my own happiness in jeopardy while seeking emotional fulfillment with someone who doesn't impress me. That's cool for now because I'm trying to get my own ish together and secure my future. I have to tell myself that over and over also; lol. Having an idle mind, that is, not tangled up within the web of emotion, has got me in a compromising situation. The position I'm in right now is where most cats become hoes. I'm not really on that tip personally, and metamorphosising into a hoe is an extreme anyway. However, it's just the fact that some things just don't feel right if I'm not really feeling the person. So many things come into question and compel me to become more comfortable being single if that's what I'm going to do. The idle mind is the devil's playground, plus I'm one of those cats that doesn't like to do something for nothing. So I'll continue to date, kick it, and have fun, but I'm no longer going to continue playing a broken record simply because I'm bored. Things can always change, but for right now, since I can't have who I want and I'm otherwise unimpressed, this is how it has to be. It's a really mature move to make. Like I say, most cats are too weak to do it; and what's sad is: most women will still in the end have no more respect for that guy who can do this versus the cat who said, "f-it, I got a reason to manipulate, stay occupied, and/or have all the ass I want".

No comments: