Tuesday, January 17, 2006

First Day of Class
Today was interesting. The total number of black people in my four classes adds to--I think 5 or 6. Pathetic...just pathetic. Today I finally realized that I'm gonna have to do some serious sacrificing if I want to survive this semester with straight Bs (minimum). TV is no problem sacrificing, because there's never nothing on, except reruns of old sitcoms and programs (Law and Order, Fresh Prince, etc). Also, this semester, I'm gonna have to get my ass out of bed and GO TO CLASS. No b.s.ing around this semester! None I say! I think I saw two young ladies I used to talk to in the past. Funny how everyone is slowly ending up at UMSL. There were a lot of songs I couldn't get outta my head as a result. See, a lot of times, I relate music with people, namely women. Whether it's a song we heard together, or just a song that reminds me of the girl, I have a song for practically every woman I have dated. Here's the list...it's not too long (in no particular order):
INITIALS SONG/ARTIST
  • D.K. What's your Fantasy/Ludacris
  • L.H. I Do/John B & Doin' Jus Fine/Boyz to Men
  • J.A. Turn the Lights Down Low/Bob Marley~Lauryn Hill
  • G.N. My First Love/Avant
  • C.H. Emotions/Destiny's Child
  • P.W. Where I Wanna Be/Donnell Jones
  • L.J. Separated/Avant
  • J.T. I Cry/Ja' Rule~Lil' Mo & Love/Musiq Soulchild
  • K.L. Together Forever/Shai
  • K.P. Holla Back Girl/Gwen Stefani

Hmmmm... maybe I should make a cd.

No comments: