Thursday, February 09, 2006

Few Random Pieces of Information...

  • Yesterday, me and Jarnell were joking talking about how the AKAs threw their "Men's Appreciation" Event. I remembered going last year, when they sang to us, fed us strawberries, and read us all of these empowering poems. Come on y'all; let's be real here. Some women may actually have a strong sense of appreciation for black men, but in general (of course), the way black women act towards black men unconditionally is completely contrary, especially in this case. So if you constantly say that "men ain't #@$%", have a condescending attitude towards black men in general, or simply would never give a brutha the time of day any other time, cut the b.s.; keep it real. Same would apply for a women's appreciation day. I'm just defending my kind right now. What they should've called the event is, "Let Me Make My Organization Look More Mature By Actually Acknowledging Your Prescence Today-Day". Its funny though; some of those same cats that were there at the event last night probably went to campus hyped in the morning, thinking they have a mature women waiting to be talked to, taken out, or simply acknowledged and spoken to while passing by. I bet a gang of cats were disappointed when they were passed right up and forgotten. lol
  • Valentine's Day is approaching. I have a "scheduled Valentine". She and I went out a few times before, and I haven't seen her in a nice little minute; thing is, I know I'm not gonna look to pursue her "foreal foreal"--for my own particular reasons; so now that I think about it, I rather not waste my time getting all g'd up and spoiling her like she was mine. I think I feel a cold coming on (cough, cough, sneeze). lol. I'll only "cake" if I see the reason to; she's cool; she's attractive, but not my type for real; so while I might even have a good time if I did go out with her, I'm squeezing on the brakes because there's no point (as far as I see). I probably could end up having sex with her that night too, but I'm at the point right now where casual sex is tempting as usual...honestly it's probably some fire too, but also a big distraction--especially in this case because me and this girl havn't been physical together. Plus I said before, I'm trying to leave "nigrish" ways behind me and get my grown man on. So I'll probably spend Valentine's with my books, unless I find an alternative. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • I got a 74 on my first Physical Chemistry exam (uncurved). This is my seventh chemistry course. It's ridiculous! I am so proud of myself. For those that don't know, a 74 in P Chem is like a perfect almost. lol. You know how after getting a good grade in the class, you look at your competition pouting, looking confused while the professor explains the results while you sit back humming, twiddling your thumbs without a care in the world? lol
  • I'm hungry.
  • Another exam in the morning. Study? Nah, it's Calculus--pretty straight forward.
  • I'm taking my nephew skating this Saturday afternoon; other than that, I'll be studying and posted at the criznib.
  • I'm still wondering when Mz. Ryte is gonna show herself (tapping my foot).
  • I'm really hungry; did I eat today?
  • (Still tapping my foot)
  • That's enuf for now.

No comments: