Sunday, February 05, 2006

Live n Learn
Sometimes I walk around the house and backyard and just think about when I was younger. Sometimes I see myself shooting basketball in the backyard with my sisters and brother, raking leaves and jumping in them, or riding bikes around the block ("throwback vision"). I think back on how close we were; and how we were so protective of each other. We are still close now, but as you get older, obligations grow exponentially, as does time diminish. Also, as you get older, you realize that you can't protect your siblings as much as you wished you could. One part of growing older is making and standing by your decisions, so in my case, as much as I would like to beat "Ole dude's" ass for consciously making my sister's life an inescapable trap of uncertainty, stress, and captivity, I cannot. Honestly, one day... I KNOW it's gonna all come down to a fight. Shouldn't be like that (I know)--very immature and juvenile. It's one of those inevitable situations. Anyhow, I'm not worried about it; I'm a beast! lol

No comments: